I found this recipe in one of the magazines I read recently and had to share it. I can’t wait to try it out for myself!
The idea with this one is is to put the ingredients in a mason jar, place the jars in the fridge, and let it chill overnight so the oats soften and flavors mingle.
This recipe makes six servings.
Preparation time: ~15 minutes (plus overnight chilling)
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3 cups plain yogurt or kefir
- 3 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 2 large apples, grated
- 1 cup mixed fruit, such as sliced kiwi or some berries (save a little extra for garnish)
Combine the oats, yogurt, honey, apples, and mixed fruit in a bowl. Divide the porridge evenly among six 8-ounce Mason jars, cover with lids, and refrigerate overnight. The next morning, garnish the porridge with the reserved fresh fruit and enjoy!
Another idea: you could also try adding some shaved almonds or nuts on top with some cinnamon as well!
Recipe source: Experience Life magazine, Jan/Feb issue, p47
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a non insulated cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- With a knife or kitchen shears carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner. Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
- Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes.
Try this super simple recipe! Roasted Okra!
Toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
Roast in the oven at 425 for 15-25 minutes depending on how crispy you prefer.